- filed under Blog Recommendations, Family, List Lover, Love and Marriage, Not-A-Baby, Politically Charged
- 1 comment
1. What is your favorite type of cheese? Oh, man. Cheese. I love cheese. I’m off dairy right now (at least on weekdays, and I’m trying to limit it on weekends), in an effort to lose some weight (and it’s working!), so cheese is kind of a sore subject. My favorite is pepper jack. Or mozzarella. Or… well, most cheeses are my favorite, depending on what meal it’s being served atop.
I also like this kind of cheese:
Blue teeth and big grin thanks to a sno-cone at “Sesame Street Live“
2. What are you excited about? We are going on “macation” (vacation, in Eriana-speak, and not really) to Seattle for the long weekend and I’m super pumped. I am excited to see/meet some friends, to relax with my lovely family, and to get to sightsee with Jim and Eriana.
3. How did you celebrate your last birthday? I turned 32. I went to work, then I painted Eriana’s room at our new (current) home, then went out to dinner with my loves. It was low-key, just like I like my birthdays to be.
4. What’s on your bedside table? A couple of books, a lamp, a couple of lip balms, a couple of hair ties, and a few charging cords. The usual.
5. What do you order from the movie concession stand? Wine. Well, the last time I went to the movies (thank you Living Room Theatre!). Usually some sort of chocolate candy and some popcorn.
6. Do you have a garden? What’s growing? No. I wanted to have an herb garden, but I didn’t do any research and now I think it’s too late? I don’t know these things. I just want to grow my own cilantro and parsley.
7. Any summer plans? We are going to Oklahoma at the end of the summer for my baby sister’s wedding (!!!), but have no plans in the interim. It’s going to be difficult for me to get off work, and we’re saving up for our trip to the wedding, so other than maybe a weekend or two away, probably nothing.
8. Which TV couple(s) are you rooting for? All of my TV is a decade old on Netflix. So… a Buffy and Angel reconciliation? For Piper and Leo to last forever? For Weevil and Veronica to get together?*
9. What’s the last thing you bought? An Elsa costume dress. (Eriana’s half-birthday is coming up FAST.)
10. What’s one thing you are passionate about? EQUALITY. Did you hear that Oregon ended the ban on same-sex marriage yesterday? And Pennsylvania today? SO EXCITING! I am so hopeful for my sweet girl to grow up in a world where she can marry whomever she wants, should she choose to get married. And hopeful that the equality will extend even further to her never feeling marginalized for being female.
11. What are you grateful for this week? A supportive husband. I have been… struggling with some stuff, and Jim is so stinking supportive. He just wants me to be happy, and to be in a position where I am utilized and feel like I’m making a difference, because that’s what I want. He has Big Plans for his professional future and our family future. I’ve eternally felt like he’s putting his dreams on hold for me, but he never makes me feel that way or makes me feel guilty for going to school for so long or for being out of work for awhile or anything. He’s just… lovely.
How about you? Will you answer these fun questions and tell me about it?
I have some big posts in my head, but I’m too het up about a couple of topics to post them right now. I’ll get to them, though. And I’ll get back to blogging more, too.
*Yes, I’ve seen the movie (three times! Wait, four?), and I know I am not supposed to be rooting for something that was never really a possibility. But Weevil is so good looking! Who wants to buy me a Team Weevil mug?