Woohoo! All caught up! Also, my goal was 25 books for the year. So I’m done with that. HOORAY! I MET MY READING GOAL!
26. The Litigators by John Grisham. He’s long-been one of my favorite authors, and this book didn’t disappoint. Also, it made me say, “beyond a reasonable doubt” to Jim, which he made fun of me for. Nice. Like when I speak really properly after reading Harry Potter.
25. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. This was a really good book. Software/gaming technospeak aside, I really liked it. It’s another book about a dystopian future, but it’s not set too far into the future, and the whole time you (well, I, but maybe you, too, if your imagination is crazy like mine) think “OH MY GOODNESS THIS COULD HAPPEN!” Highly recommend.
24. Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. LOVED it. I just started reading The Bloggess around the Beyonce days, so most of her story was new to me. And I love her. I want to go drinking with her. And start buying taxidermied, dressed animals to send to her.
23. Survivor by Chuck Palahnuik. Good. Weird. Made me have bad dreams. Don’t read right before bed, especially when you’re going through a difficult time in your life. Make it a daytime book.
21. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Dude. Don’t judge, but this is the first time I’ve read this. And I loved it, of course. I found it a little hard to get into at first, but once I was hooked, man was I hooked.